About the company
Nashar Trading Company was established in 1941 by Sheikh Mohammad Ebrahim Nashar as a sole Trading Establishment. Its Commercial Register (4030000043) is evidence that it is one of the oldest trading houses in the Kingdom.
In the beginning it imported commodities such as rice, flour, wheat, sugar, coffee and cardamom. In the late fifties it started importing and selling tinned food products such as tomato paste, milk powder, evaporated milk, cream and ghee.
When the founder passed away in 1971 the company was constituted as a Mixed Liability company under Saudi Companies Law. Since then the company has grown to become one of the leading importing, distribution and meat manufacturing companies, marketing its own brands plus a select portfolio of international brands.
Sheikh Mahmoud M. Nashar, son of the company’s founder and a majority partner in the business, was appointed Chief Executive Officer in 1971. It is under his leadership that the company has achieved the substantial growth which is apparent today. As a prominent Saudi businessman, Sheikh Mahmoud M. Nashar has represented The Council of Chambers of Commerce on the Saudi-British Joint Economic Commission as well as serving as vice chairman of both Arab-British Chamber of Commerce and The Arab-Irish Chamber of Commerce. He was also a member of board of directors in each of Jeddah Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Makkah Region Council, Saudi Arabian Standards Organization (SASO), Commission of Water amd Sanitary Drainage in Western Region, and General Organization of Social Insurance (GOSI).
In 2004 NTC converted its legal status to a Limited Liability Company. This move is designed to put the company on the road to become public.